We are looking to fill a
Postdoc position in Probabilistic combinatorics and random structures.
The work environment is multi-national; interaction among faculty and between faculty and students/staff is in English.
Salary after tax: Eur 1600--1850 (depending on qualification and/or whether you teach).
(Health insurance (w/o dental) is free in Estonia.)
Put this into context with the cost of living: the average after tax income in Estonia is Eur 840. (For comparison: Spain 1600; Italy 1900; France 2100.)
Between 6 months and 2+ years. Negotiated with the applicant.
- Be fluent in English!!!!
- Hold a PhD in Math or Theoretical Computer Science;
- Have experience and publications in probabilistic combinatorics and/or random structures;
- Have a very good record of publications.
- Research collaboratively with Assoc. Prof. Dirk Oliver Theis
- Develop an independent research profile
- Co-supervise PhD students
- Supervise research MSc students; your choice of topics (for durations longer than a year only)
- Teaching between 0 and 2 courses per term. Negotiated with the applicant.
For informal inquiries, please contact
Dr. rer.nat. habil. Dirk Oliver Theis
dotheis [at] ut [dot] ee
Why don't you include a very short CV, and links to the full-text of 3 of your favourite (own) publications?
Review of applicants will start right away and continue until the position is filled. If you read this later than, say, 28 Feb 2015, check here if the position is still open.
About the group, Tartu, and Estonia.
The Algorithms & Theory research group is small and vibrant, with research in several fields, including combinatorial optimization, graph theory, combinatorial number theory.
Check out these two pages on this site: Visiting us? and About Tartu & Estonia. The description of our English language Master's curriculum has some info, too: Master's program in Computer Science: Algorithms & Theory.